using the example the student room gives we can identify what makes a good audience engaging group/online community.
- make it colourful and inviting, if you look on student room the first thing you notice is the engaging colour scheme.
- it is easy and simple for users to navigate around the sight.
- there are plenty of useful tools for students to use and create such as: flash cards, mind maps and marked essays it also adds to the engagement by inviting users to rate this self created content adding a sense of competition which can become addictive to some
- there are also plenty of “threads” that invite users to join in with or they can create there own.
- its also very is to post as its clearly displayed at the to of every page on the sight which lets users engage easily and effectively.
the only down side i can see to this group is how they have actually laid out the information on the blogs pages its all raver confusing and bewildering at first glans so the key is simplicity here.